RE: Dba_tab_modifications question

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:33:27 -0800

I found two bugs on Metalink dealing with this. The first, 1890016, can be ignored because the GATHER only fails if you specify an invalid granularity. Well duh. The second, bug 1192012, will only cause the first table in the schema to be skipped.

In our case, the first table is first alphabetically (and perhaps the first created in the schema), which happens to contain no rows. So I still use the GATHER_STALE option on 8.1.6.

HTH! :)

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com