Resizing RBSs in an LMT

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:56:30 -0800

I decided to create the RBSs in an 8.1.7 DB (HP/UX 11.0) in an LMT. I remember having to do the trick of creating a temporary RBS in a non-LMT TS first, then delete it when the others were created. Anyway, as I'm doing some spot checking, I see about 1000 wraps on each of the RBSs in this particular DB. From the Oracle Perf Tuning class, this tells me that my next extents may be too small.

But since this is in an LMT, the only way to increase the next extent size on an RBS in an LMT is to recreate the whole TS, right? Or am I missing something? At least we haven't hit any ORA-1555 errors in the past 9 months since I hosed up these RBSs... :)

TIA,

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 15:56:30 CDT