RE: Order rows

From: Vikas Khanna <vkhanna_at_quark.co.in>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:48:18 -0800

Ther is no concept first row/ last row in any RDBMS. The concept of ROWID fails as the rows are deleted and hence inserted again. The previous ROWID's are reallocated again. The only way you can get the rows sorted out in the way they have been entered is by creating a column in the table specifying the created_Date as sysdate().

This would continuously prop up the table data wrt this column. And then you could do order by on this column to get the desired result.

Regards,
Vikas Khanna

Author: Vikas Khanna
  INET: vkhanna_at_quark.co.in
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 02:48:18 CDT