RE: Trigger or ????

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:58:28 -0800

Here's a thought...create a stored procedure and run it from the DBMS_JOB scheduler. Start the job at 23:55, and have it loop internally (checking sysdate) until exactly the time you want, then reset the sequence. Be sure to set the DBMS_JOB.NEXT parameter so that it starts at exactly the same time every day.

Another idea is to run your reset script from 'cron' or 'at' and again let the system determine when exactly to fire the reset.

Cheers,
Mike

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 11:58:28 CDT