RE: snapshot and advanced replication

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:18:20 -0800

Sarath - My understanding is that basic replication is included with Oracle Standard Edition and advanced replication is included with Oracle Enterprise Edition. The boundary between what is basic and what is advanced is not made very clear, but I believe that updatable snapshots is part of basic replication. Clearly read-only snapshots are part of basic replication. Clearly, multi-master replication is part of advanced replication. If anyone else has better information on which types of replication are available with SE and EE, I would be interested in hearing that. I am getting most of this information from the book Oracle Distributed Systems by Charles Dye. It is the only book I have located on Oracle replication. Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: sarath kumar
  INET: sarath_kumar0_at_yahoo.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 09:18:20 CDT