RE: WAITS

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:53:25 -0800

> I'm able to display phys read/write IO directly from... statspack

I started with data from StatsPack but instead went directly to the V$ tables to get it "real time," or at least every minute. I get physical writes, physical reads, db block and consistent gets, queries executed with soft and hard parses, and SQL*Net bytes sent and received as part of my top level graphs to maintain a pulse on activity. Then I drill down into the wait interface for the details.

> Would love to be able to pool resources here and bounce off some ideas.

Currently my code is a hodgepodge of Perl, Python, RRDTool, PHP, and is piggybacking on "ORCA" stuff too. I've thought about opening it up to some kind of SourceForge collaborative development but that means I'd have to turn the hodgepodge code into a unified set (probably Python) and commit to supporting it. Don't know if I'm ready for that. I've also thought about presenting it but rather experience the glory of an over-achiever I'm complacently willing to wallow in the anonymity and obscurity of an under-achiever. ;-)

Steve Orr
Bozeman, Montana