RE: Cannot import--URGENT

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 19:08:26 -0800

Ravindra - Just from looking at your error messages, it sounds like the two Oracle systems have different character sets. I would check this out if I were you. The other thing to check for is whether the tables are created in a different schema than you are expecting. As SYS or SYSTEM,

    select owner from dba_tables where table_name = 'MYTABLE'; If the table was actually created, but in a different schema, this query should tell you where.
Again, these are just a couple of ideas for you to look into, and the other people who have replied have also given you some good ideas to look into. Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat May 11 2002 - 22:08:26 CDT