Re: Good DBA vs. Bad DBA

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:48:21 -0800

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

I've also seen variations that used "incompetence" or the more benign "ignorance" instead of "stupidity".

I agree. Effective conspiracy would require efficient planning and execution. Most of what is sometimes blamed on conspiracy is often the result of natural entropy - aided by the catalytic agents stupidity, ignorance, greed, et cetera.

Don Granaman
[OraSaurus]

> I'd think the reverse. Since we know there are so many different things
> that could cause any given problem we're probably less likely to blame
> everything on one overarching cause.
>
> Plus we know how often those problems are caused by stupidity rather than
> malicious intent.
>
> Jay Miller

).

Author: Don Granaman