RE: DBA_EXTENTS problem

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:28:42 -0800

Babu - Wow, never had that one. Of course, I don't use that table much. How many rows are in this table? Mine has 12,937 rows, and is kinda slow to respond compared to the other system tables. Do you have a test database to compare with? Is it possible that your system tablespace has become badly fragmented? What is your system load, is it possibly a contention problem of some type. Why not run STATSPACK (or utlbstat) while you do this query and see what is being waited for? Why don't I shut up and send this? Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Janardhana Babu Donga
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 09 2002 - 13:28:42 CDT