RE: DBA_EXTENTS problem

From: Seefelt, Beth <Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:14:49 -0800

Sounds like a fragmentation problem.

This will help you identify the segments with a large number of fragments. They are good candidates for reorganization.

HTH, Beth

select a.tablespace_name as tablespace,

        cast(a.segment_name as char(30)) as segment,
        a.partition_name as partition,
        count(1) as count,
        decode(b.extent_management,'LOCAL','Y','N') as LMT
  from  dba_extents a,
        dba_tablespaces b

 where a.tablespace_name = b.tablespace_name  having count(1) > 1
 group by a.tablespace_name,
        a.segment_name,
        a.partition_name,
        decode(b.extent_management,'LOCAL','Y','N')
  order by count(1) desc

Author: Janardhana Babu Donga
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu

Author: Seefelt, Beth
  INET: Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 09 2002 - 13:14:49 CDT