Re: OT - Teradata

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 09:14:20 -0800

Good grief, why?

I literally quit a job to avoid TeraData.

It really has little to offer that you can't do in Oracle, that is, other than to the stockholders of NCR. You think Oracle is expensive, TeraData is much more so, and proprietary besides.

I've read the documentation on TeraData architecture. I didn't care for it too much, especially for data warehouse. You don't mention why your customer is using it though.

There is very little available in print on TeraData. When checking into 2 years ago there were 2 books available, both over $100 U.S.

Jared

Andrey Bronfin <andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
05/09/2002 08:48 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        OT - Teradata

Dear gurus , sorry for the off topic posting. One of our customers wants to start using Teradata for some of their products.
That means that I need to learn it, quickly. I would like to ask for any inputs you can provide regarding Teradata - your
thoughts , impressions, URLs, any materials.

Thanks a lot in advance.

DBAndrey

Author: Andrey Bronfin
  INET: andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 09 2002 - 12:14:20 CDT