RE: formatting 10046 (level 12) trace file

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 13:43:31 -0800

I'm afraid that I must agree with Tim. I have never worked for Oracle, and other DBA's that I know out there who manage to ferret out this information without Oracle's help.

Actually, you will find some of this stuff in the documentation, other in various books, but I think the best stuff is found on web sites like ixora.com.au, as an example. Metalink often can be revealing if you use it right, as can technet.

I have griped in the past about some of Oracle's "close to the vest" attitude, and it can be frustrating... and I think they have forgotten what customer service is of late (they need Ray Lane back!). Still, people have figured this stuff out, it just takes some time and effort.

Besides, who can blame Oracle for wanting to make a buck. If they can still sell product and do the other things they do, more power to 'em..... but, I think they will have to have a change of attitude or Mr. Gates and IBM are going to be eating into their market share more and more.

Oracle and Larry, are you listening?

RF
capitalism
Author: Gogala, Mladen