AW: Re[2]: pl/sql is INTERPRETED?

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 06:58:30 -0800

Hi Dennis

I was just working on a framework to make your dream come true ;). We are going to use a thin abstraction layer to provide peer objects to business objects in order to make them persistent (what a surprise). Old concept, but we didn't even try to do it the "one size fits all" way. The framework sole purpose is to support OLTP systems, to bundle what would usually be done using several queries by most OR wrappers into either one statement or at least a batch. I tried to make sure that SQL will not be to generic but Oracle specific. This is guaranteed by a pluggable architecture.

Time to end this before it gets too confusing ... anyway, the goal is to maintain all the database access at a central point of the application.

Regards,
Stefan

Author: Sergey V Dolgov
  INET: dsv_at_pptus.oilnet.ru