RE: Reverse Key Index Performance

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 20:48:23 -0800

I have never used RKI's nor have I read up on them before this posting; this is pure conjecture. As I recall this was happening in a correlated subquery. Is it possible that using a normal forward-key index the indexed could be stepped through sequentially , whereas using the reverse key meant that each index lookup required a different block to be read.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

Author: Larry Elkins