Re: I need to change the instance name

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <eca_at_siteplanet.com.br>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 02:18:20 -0800

Actualy, I am confused, because this is my production environment and I need to get sucess in this operation.

It is necessary, and i would like to keep the old name of instance, because i will change the BD version.
I think the best way is :

1.) backup the software and datafiles
2.) Export all the database
3.) Deinstanll the old software
4.) Install the new version
5.) Create the instance with the old name
6.) Import the database

but it will take a while.
I am looking for a fast way ,

Understand ?