Re: Response time analysis and TKPROF

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 02:13:18 -0800

Well ,

Depending on what you want:
1) The only way to see 'response times' on SQL statements is to use 10046, but that adds overhead. There are third party tools out there that will do for you without the

     10046 trace.

2) v$sesstat will show the service component (cpu) on the session level, not on the SQL statement level.

3) v$session_wait is close to useless ;-) It will tell you what a session is waiting on right now or what the last wait of a session was. That is not enough. You need v$session_event

    Again that is on the session level and not on the SQL statement level. See my comments at 1) about that.

If you response times on the SQL statement level, you need to use 10046 or a third party tool. On session level use v$sesstat and v$session_event. On instance level use v$sysstat and v$system_event. Read more on how to do that in the YAPP paper.

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com