Re: shared pool memory issue on OPS (non-MTS)

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 14:29:17 -0800

Check out the following two values:

Resource     Current          Max            Initial          Limit
Name          Utilization       Utilization    Allocation   Value
lm_ress        252143          256732     177599       UNLIMITED
lm_locks      278106          288642     189208       UNLIMITED

Notice that "Current/Max Utilization" is much higher than "Initial Allocation"?

This means that (messages to alert.log or not), the DLM is overflowing its allocated space in the SGA and invading the Shared Pool. Increase your LM_RESS and LM_LOCKS parameter values...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com