e: shared pool memory issue on OPS (non-MTS)

From: Sherman, Paul R. <PSherman_at_elcom.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:03:28 -0800

Hello,
We are working on (2) HP 9000 64 bit HP-UX 11.0 in an OPS cluster (non mts) on version 8.1.7.2.1 32 bit, we were encountering ora-4031 errors on one of the instances, so we increased the amount of shared pool memory from 100mb to 200mb on both nodes in the cluster. Since the shared pool memory was increased the instance on the node that had the error is no longer encountering it. But now the instance on the other node that was not having any issue, is able to keep only 1% of the shared pool memory free and has hung 2 times. We are working with Oracle, but would appreciate any ideas. We know that we have 'bind variable' issues, but not enough to get us into the situation that we now face.

Thank you,

Paul Sherman
DBA Elcom, Inc.
voice - 781-501-4143 (direct #)
fax - 781-278-8341 (secure)
email - psherman_at_elcom.com

Author: Sherman, Paul R.
  INET: PSherman_at_elcom.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 14:03:28 CDT