RE: Advice on going about a minor upgrade.

From: Seefelt, Beth <Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:08:26 -0800

I did this exact upgrade a very short time ago, using Option1. It worked just fine. I would add step (6a) install patches up to 8.1.7.3., after the database has moved to the new version.

I would stay away from Option2. You have no fallback.

Author: James Damiano
  INET: jadam_at_nhes.state.nh.us

Author: Seefelt, Beth
  INET: Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com