Re: Can't Connect to DB

From: Ora NT DBA <orantdba_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 07:28:45 -0800

Hi Ken,

Is your listener started??

That appears to be the case based on this message. Go to your services and see
if the Oracle<orahomename>listener service is started. If not then start this service
and try to connect then. If you are getting an error when attempting to start the
service you will need to go to the dos prompt to get a more meaningful error and attempt to start the service with the command

lsnrctl start

It will probably still not start but you should get a better error.

Good luck,
John Hough

Author: Ora NT DBA
  INET: orantdba_at_netscape.net