How to know if another database is running on the same machine?

From: Abdul Aleem <dmit_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 03:48:19 -0800

Hi!

On my win2k server I configured two databases one for data (MYData) and the other for EM Repository OEMREP. The tools do not seem to be able to connect to the database having data. The error reported is that TNS couldn't identify SID.

The v$database shows only the OEMREP database (Could be because the other one is not accessible or perhaps the view shows the one that is active).

How do I know whether the other database is there or not and how to make it accessible?

TIA! Aleem

Author: Abdul Aleem
  INET: dmit_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 06:48:19 CDT