database trigger

From: Ravindra B <ravindra_at_navin.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:53:37 -0800

I want to write a database trigger that will insert a new record into a log table whenever there is an update action on a particular table.Is there a way of storing into the log table the actual update command that was issued againt the table.

Ex:
I have a database trigger that fires when there is an update on Table A and inserts a record into table B. Say there was a update like "Update table A set column1='xx'" on table A.I want to store this command "Update table A set column1='xx' " into a column in Table B so that we can at anytime see what was the update command that caused the database triger to fire.

Ravi

Author: Ravindra B
  INET: ravindra_at_navin.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 13:53:37 CDT