RE: Database Normalization-Outdated?

From: Seefelt, Beth <Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 08:58:31 -0800

I agree whole-heartedly. Besides, what that consultant is describing is just the logical view of x.500, LDAP or something like it. Its how you logically view that type of database. If you look at most LDAP products, the internal structure of the database is relational and highly normalized. That logical view is presented through rigid RI, triggers and stored procedures to make data retrieval very fast and simple for a very specific type of application.

Author: Shaibal Talukder
  INET: shaibal_talukder_at_hotmail.com

Author: Seefelt, Beth
  INET: Beth.Seefelt_at_TetleyUSA.com