RE: unix df -k .. not giving extact space at point in time

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:28:29 -0800

If any of the files were being accessed when you removed them they won't show up in an ls command but will still occupy space (and not actually be deleted) until they are no longer being accessed. For example, if you rm all your data files while the database is running the space will not be reclaimed until the database is shut down.

Author: Narender Akula
  INET: narender.akula_at_terralink.co.nz

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 18:28:29 CDT