MS process/thread monitoring tools / RE: CPU Pegged at 100%

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:33:36 -0800

consider using qslice, or an alternative?:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/qslice-o.asp

-

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/pstat-o.asp

---
http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=3023

| Process Explode (pview.exe) monitors all aspects of a process,
| such as the number of threads the process is using and the type
| and amount of committed mapped memory. This tool might interest\
| developers. However, Process Explode is not useful for general
| users or administrators who want an overview of system resource
| use.
|
| Quick Slice (qslice.exe) is a simple application that graphically
| displays the percentage of CPU that each active process uses.
| This tool gives only basic information, but it is useful for a
| quick graphical overview of per-process CPU use.
|
| The resource kit includes Process Explode and Quick Slice.
| Several of Microsoft's Visual Development tools (e.g., Visual
| C++) include Process Explode.

---

http://www.blueneptune.com/~maznliz/marius/software.shtml

ORACLE-L Digest -- Volume 2002, Number 120

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Eric D. Pierce INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).