RE: Root Cause Analysis White Papers

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:31:28 -0800

Peter - I can see your desires going in two directions:

  1. Operational procedures - Things like "how do I know I'm running out of disk space before I've run out".
  2. Change management. Most failures come from changes to the software. Like somebody adds some programs and that affects other programs. Or somebody changes a table and that affects another program.

For both of these, I wouldn't limit myself to sources specific to Oracle. Good standard I.S. procedures.

I haven't read it, but "Oracle 24x7 Tips and Techniques" by Venkat S. Devraj and Ravi Balwada looks as if it has some chapters that may be pertinent. Here is a link that might work, but will probably get chopped. http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=1G60ZMKA1J& mscssid=DDX7X88RWH4S9NNU2QH8344EP6QJ4VX7&isbn=0072119993

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Peter Barnett
  INET: regdba_at_yahoo.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 11:31:28 CDT