RE: Oracle 8i installation help

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:28:27 -0800

Having seen a number of people come to grief because they tried to delete "unnecessary" files, I have a bad feeling about this one. I can't imagine that space on a server where you've installed Oracle is so tight that this is necessary. Disk is so cheap today. Good grief, what happens if you need to expand an Oracle datafile?
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Mandal, Ashoke
  INET: ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 09:28:27 CDT