RE: Oracle Financials Sys Admin. Needed in South Carolina

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:44:16 -0800

Lisa,
 What you said about Atlanta and the New York of the south is correct in my opinion.
 12 years ago it was different when I moved here from Conn. The cost of housing has doubled and the cost of the produce has caught the Conn. prices for food staples. Granted the cost of gasoline is cheaper in GA but the cost of utilities far surpasses that of utilities in Conn. $200 a month is normal for gas and electric and you have to look had to find fuel oil being used anyplace. And I only have a 2000 sq ft home on a slab. Next month the electric cost will almost double because of the demand created by the usage of A.C. allows the utilities to raise their rates and we are now deregulated on gas prices for the winter needs. Windows work great in our home but the pollen turns everything a funny yellowish/green hue. In our county the town fathers/bubba have approved 42 housing developments for this year and the infrastructure is not built to handle the extra load. The average size lot is 5/8 of an acre. The school construction is almost matching the housing construction and the taxes are keeping pace too. People are moving out of the Atlanta proper the get away from the traffic and crime. I live 38 miles door to door and it takes 1 1/4 hours to get to and from work. The northern area of Atlanta is nicknamed the "silicon valley of the east" and you can find a lot of housing in that area that compares with New York "in city" prices. Million dollar "loft" townhouses are being built all over the place.

Good luck with the increase in your family and the "relaxing" time off from work.
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com 04/29/02 04:48PM >>>
I have been told that Atlanta is the New York of the south. The cost of
living in Atlanta is NOT cheap due to the cost of utilities (mostly power)
and housing.

And don't let anyone tell you that about Florida, either. They will tell
you that not paying state tax is like getting a 8% pay raise. Bull. Dade
and Broward county are so built up that the cost of housing is skyrocketing,
even with yards the size of a half postage stamp.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway