RE: export to tape!!

From: Hately Mike <Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:28:27 -0800

Raghu,

You can just specify the tape device as the target file. One important difference is the optional volsize parameter which allows you to specify the capacity of the tape drive. Export/import will then prompt for the next tape when required.

i.e.

exp username/password file=/dev/rmt0 volsize=100M <other options>

imp username/password file=/dev/rmt0 volsize=100M <other options>

regards,
Mike Hately

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id

________________________

This email and any attached to it are confidential and intended only for the
individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please let us know
by telephoning or emailing the sender.  You should also delete the email and
any attachment
from your systems and should not copy the email or any attachment or
disclose their content
to any other person or entity.  The views expressed here are not necessarily
those of
Churchill Insurance Group plc or its affiliates or subsidiaries. Thank you.
Churchill Insurance Group plc.  Company Registration Number - 2280426.
England.
Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent BR1
1DP.

Author: Hately Mike
  INET: Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com