RE: pl/sql is INTERPRETED?

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:23:21 -0800

See this note:
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_datab ase_id=NOT&p_id=151224.1

Regards,

Waleed

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 6:53 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Can this be true? How can this be? If it's optimized to manipulate data within the database, how can it be fast if it's interpreted (like that slow poke, Java)?

I see this on Connor's website www.oracledba.co.uk under explicit/implicit cursors, under pl/sql. What on earth?

Can someone elaborate, namely, Connor?? Please help me understand this... My "green" may be showing, but my gosh.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Baby Oven
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA 33063

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 18:23:21 CDT