RE: Quick one about Standby database

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:53:48 -0800

Pablo - Usually you create the standby database by copying all the data files from the production system. Then it is an identical system, so you can apply the archive logs from production. With different systems, you couldn't copy the data files. I'm not even sure you could move the archive logs over and use them. I think you are blocked on this idea unless someone that has actually done this can explain how they accomplished it. Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Pablo=20ksksksk?=   INET: p_rodri99_at_yahoo.es

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 15:53:48 CDT