Re: sqlldr

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <eca_at_siteplanet.com.br>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:13:18 -0800

HI Yechiel :

How can i to install two versions of Oracle in the same server , like :

Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i, in oracle_home different.

Is it possible ?

Regards

Eriovaldo

  Hello Stephen

  Thanks for the link.
  The article is very illuminating.
  As we have some loader tuning to do I thank you for sharing the knowledge.

  Yechiel Adar
  Mehish

    Ravi,

    To the best of my knowledge, there is no limitation on the number of records that can be loaded at a time other than the size of your rollback segments. I have loaded 10's of millions of rows in a single sqlldr job by setting some parameters. There are defaults that work, but don't perform very well. To determine appropriate settings, you may want to read an article I wrote for O'Reilly & Associates (located at http://oracle.oreilly.com/news/oraclesqlload_0401.html) which gives the step-by-step directions on setting 2 of the key parameters (BINDSIZE and ROWS). It's a pretty easy thing to do, but without knowing you data, the only advice I could give is that DIRECT is the best quick tuning fix if you can.

    If you are going to be doing any serious data loading with SQL*Loader, Jonathan's book Oracle SQL*Loader: The Definitive Guide would be a good investment.

    HTH
    Stephen

>>> ravindra_at_navin.com 04/25/02 10:13PM >>>
    i belive there is a limitation on the number of records that can be loaded     from sqlldr at a time based on the bind array and rows default parameter.     if i have a data file with more than 5000records(don't know the exact     number) that needs to be imported using sqlldr     what is the value i need to set for the "rows" and/or "bind array" for me to     load the records to the table at one attempt.

    thanks
    ravi

    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com     --
    Author: Ravindra B
      INET: ravindra_at_navin.com

    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message     to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in     the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L     (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may     also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Eriovaldo Andrietta
  INET: eca_at_siteplanet.com.br