RE: No Rows Deadlock and PCTFREE, INITRANS on 8.1.7.2

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:03:24 -0800

It does not look like an inittrans problem on the table. I remember reading that Oracle will try to avoid contention on itl if it's doing insert by adding new blocks to the free lists. The only conflict that could happen on itl (inittrans) during inserts is for indexes.

Could you have a primary key constraint that has some SYS_<..> index associated with it and was forgotten to be dropped?

Regards,

Waleed