Re: Any scripts to check the health of the database

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:13:28 -0800

Personally, I think that many folks go a bit overboard when it comes to checking the health of a database.

These are the things I like to check for:

There's a lot of other things you can check, but personnaly, I quit checking them long ago.

I do log a few things from the database, and periodically store the explain plans for SQLin the cache for troubleshooting later the things go awry. This is really not part of a periodic health check though, this is a whole different matter.

One thing to keep in mind: Rolling your own helps you to understand what's being monitored. :)

Jared

Praveen Sahni <Praveen.Sahni_at_kshema.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
04/24/2002 12:24 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Any scripts to check the health of the database

Hi All,
I need to write a report on the health of a database. Please send if any of us have a scripts and any report format for the health
of the database.
Thanks in advance
Praveen

Author: Praveen Sahni