RE: Best way to drop and recreate and instance?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:08:29 -0800

Mark,

to remove an instance on NT (not the software, just the instance) do the following:

Use ORADIM -sid {sid} -delete to remove the NT services for the instance.

then, simply remove all file structures for the database.

That's all there is to it. The database is gone.

On a side note - I have seen this type of error before, and it had to do with Java not being installed correctly (within the database). I re-installed Java (using initjvm.sql under the ORACLE_HOME/Javavm/install directory and the error went away. This might not have any effect on your problem. The Java reinstall takes about 20 minutes.

It's actually quicker to kill he instance and start again! :)

Hope this helps

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 24 2002 - 08:08:29 CDT