Re: Is sqlplus too slow to unload data?

From: Bin Wang <binw_at_lasseters.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:33:22 -0800

Bruce,

SQLPlus:
set pages 0;
set lines 10000;
set termout off;
set trimspool on;
set trimout on;
set echo off;
set feedback off;
set verify off;
set recsep off;
set arraysize 2000;

PDQOut is 3rd party product I test. I also test the PL/SQL from Thomas Kyte's book. I call it from sqlplus, and the speed is only 1.5 time faster than sqlplus one. exp can achieve 500M/minute. However, I intend to change it as small as possible. I wonder if about 5M/minute is max speed for sqlplus.

Regards,
Bin

Author: Bin Wang
  INET: binw_at_lasseters.com.au