Re: Currval and buffer gets

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:48:48 -0800

I am writing a paper on application efficiency and I have a number of simple tests in that paper that illustrates that in a very efficient application the switch to x$dual can make around a 70-80 percent improvent. But beaware: the test suite only accesses x$dual and not other tables so the impact is large and the application is written in the most efficient way. Running the same test but in a worse efficiency case. shows only a 2-3 percent gain ......

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com