Re: Re[2]: MySQL vs. Oracle database

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:02:20 -0800

Plus, I had some experience with a "Supra"-ized Cincom database. It was a nightmare. We wound up reverting to their more primitive (but stable) database - Total. There was a newer pass at "Supra" in the early '90s that was supposed to turn a Total database into a relational database and this looked promising...but I moved on to the Oracle world...

Kip Bryant

|____________________Reply Separator____________________
|Author: Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com
|Date: 4/22/2002 9:30 AM

|SAP official history is at http://www.sapdb.org/history.htm
|Amusingly, they have "blanked out" what SAPDB was originally called. Of
|personal interest to me is the Cincom connection in that I worked with their
|software for much of the 80's...

|Kip Bryant

||Um, no, not really.

||SAPDB is Sybase, pure and simple.

||Jared

||On Thursday 18 April 2002 12:21, Gordon, Emery {PDBI~Palo Alto} wrote:
||> There is a new alternative. SAPDB is open source but supported by SAP. Whan
||> used outside of SAP applications it is free but charged when used inside of
||> SAP. The support is from a major software company and the features are much
||> closer to the Oracle feature set.
||>
||> Emery Gordon

|--