Re: OBJECT DESING

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:23:18 -0800

Interesting, I hadn't previously heard that.

Makes sense though, indexes work that way by default. And you can't change that behavior.

Using a combination of PCTFREE and PCTUSED that adds up to 100 can lead to a lot of update activity on the free list.

Or at least I seem to recall that, I haven't actually experienced it. At least I dont' remember experiencing it. Everyone was a newbie at some point. :)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com