Re: REPLICATION/FAIL OVER

From: Nikunj Gupta <good_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:08:17 -0800

Hi,

You can go with Materilaized Views (Snapshots) with Fast / Complete Refresh depending on the network traffic / bandwidth, amount of data you want to transfer... in these tables.. You can setup different type of refresh for each of the table..

Since it is once a day.. Trigger / Replication would not be worth a pain.. But yes.. if you really need Resume Material go ahead with Advanced Replication.. and other stuff...

If you are on 8i or above.. You can also use TRANSPORTABLE TABLESPACES.

Will that help ?? Have you experimented this already ??

Nikunj

Make a FREE long distance call from your PC! http://www.eboom.com/free/
Author: Nikunj Gupta
  INET: good_dba_at_hotmail.com