Log on denied.... from script: Urgent - Pre-production Testing

From: <johanna.doran_at_sungard.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:23:35 -0800

Hi,

        We have an ETL script that logs onto the db. The scripts usually runs without error. During pre-production testing, we rec'd a logon denied error message. We re-ran the scripts and all was fine.

        I did not see anything in the alert log, only message for today was a redo log roll. Can anyone point me in the direction to troubleshoot this issue. We are in the testing phase of a system that is scheduled to go live and I am not preparded to allow this type of thing to slip by.

        Are there some other misc log either on Unix or Oracle that I can check to see what may have happed?

I am running Oracle 8.1.7. on Sun Solaris 8 (both 64 bit). I would like to see if maybe there are semaphores for sessions etc that may need to be adjusted.

Thanks,

        Hannah

Hannah Doran
Oracle Developer