Re: Number of CPUs vs. Speed of CPUs

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:48:37 -0800

My view:

if you have a lot of contention: few fast CPUs if you have virtually no contention: few fast CPUs or large number of slower CPUs.

if you have a lot of contention and a large number of slow CPUs, your contention will become worse (basically it will take longer to execute the synchronized code and with more cpu's there is more chance for sessions spinning on a latch ).

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com