RE: hi i'm back amongst the living

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:33:23 -0800

Come On Walt...
 I thought you installed Windozzzzzz first to allow the Oracle to install without a hitch and then upgraded your pc to Linux. Nt first, SP4,SP5,SP6 then Oracle 8.0, migrate to 8.1.6, upgrade to 8.1.7, patch up to 8.1.7.3, and if your lucky migrate to 9.0.1. When all is said and done and the database is working flawless you install the Linux release you desire. This way you eliminate the glibc and JDK patch for oracle's GUI installers.

 Is it correct that next year the IOUG conference will be in Orlando again??? I can afford it again..
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> wweaver_at_rightnow.com 04/19/02 12:33AM >>> Joe,

Glad you had a good time. Sorry I didn't make it, my company pulled funding
at the last minute.

As far as Oracle and Linux is concerned, I have a lot of experience. You
have to install Linux first. That makes everything else a lot easier.

--Walt Weaver

  Bozeman, Montana

Author: Joseph S Testa
  INET: jtesta_at_dmc-it.com

Author: Weaver, Walt
  INET: wweaver_at_rightnow.com

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 07:33:23 CDT