Re: SQL*Loader question. Need a quick answer. Please

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:40:05 -0800

Trang,
 I had a similar problem a while back and the answer was to have the clause
"TERMINATED BY WHITESPACES" as the option for the last column. Yours continues to the next line because of the termination and enclosed clause.
You might be confusing the load by saying it is TERMINATED BY and ENCLOSED BY,
Which is it?
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> meomeo22_at_yahoo.com 04/18/02 03:49PM >>>

  Meomeo Nguyen <meomeo22_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Hi List,

Below are my control and data files:(both files are stored on /Disk05)

terminal.ctl file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE = 'Disk05/terminal.dat'
INTO TABLE TERMINAL_POSITION
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' (

TERMINAL_POSITION_ID VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY "," ENCLOSED BY '"',
TERMINAL_POSITION_NAME VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY "," ENCLOSED BY '"',
TERMINAL_POSITION_DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY "," ENCLOSED BY '"'
)

terminal.dat file:

A,Axial,Terminals extend from both ends in the direction of the major axis of a cylindrical or elliptical package. B,Bottom,Terminals extend from the bottom of the package. D,Dual,Terminals are on opposite sides of a square or rectangular package or located in two parallel rows.

for any reason, when entering
sqlldr username/password control = /Disk05/terminal.ctl log =/Disk05/terminal.log data = '/Disk05/terminal.dat'

an error message shows:
segmentation fault.

Alternatively, when issuing
sqlldr userid = username/password control = /Disk05/terminal.ctl log =/Disk05/terminal.log
data = '/Disk05/terminal.dat'

an error message shows:

lf iopn failed for file (terminal.log)

Please note that: I did create terminal.log that is stored on /Disk05 as well. Please anyone point out what did I do wrong. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trang

Do You Yahoo!?

Do You Yahoo!?