SQL*Loader question. Need a quick answer. Please

From: Meomeo Nguyen <meomeo22_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:49:12 -0800

  Meomeo Nguyen <meomeo22_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Hi List,

Below are my control and data files:(both files are stored on /Disk05)

terminal.ctl file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE = ‘Disk05/terminal.dat’
INTO TABLE TERMINAL_POSITION
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ‘,’ ENCLOSED BY ‘”’
(

TERMINAL_POSITION_ID VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY “,” ENCLOSED BY ‘”’, TERMINAL_POSITION_NAME VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY “,” ENCLOSED BY ‘”’,
TERMINAL_POSITION_DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2 TERMINATED BY “,” ENCLOSED BY ‘”’
)

terminal.dat file:

A,Axial,Terminals extend from both ends in the direction of the major axis of a cylindrical or elliptical package.
B,Bottom,Terminals extend from the bottom of the package.
D,Dual,Terminals are on opposite sides of a square or rectangular package or located in two parallel rows.

for any reason, when entering
sqlldr username/password control = /Disk05/terminal.ctl log =/Disk05/terminal.log data = '/Disk05/terminal.dat'

an error message shows:
segmentation fault.

Alternatively, when issuing
sqlldr userid = username/password control = /Disk05/terminal.ctl log =/Disk05/terminal.log data = '/Disk05/terminal.dat'

an error message shows:

lf iopn failed for file (terminal.log)

Please note that: I did create terminal.log that is stored on /Disk05 as well. Please anyone point out what did I do wrong. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trang

Do You Yahoo!?

Do You Yahoo!?