Re: SQLLDR core dumping

From: Ana Choto <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:33:33 -0800

I had the same problem. We're on Solaris 8, Oracle 8.1.7.2, 9iAS.

I worked with Oracle support for a long time on this issue and they could never solve the problem. It has something to do with the environment variables. I ended up creating a user with only the most necessary environment variables (for Oracle 8i only, none of the ones for 9iAS) and sqlldr works OK.

If you ever find a solution for this problem I'll appreciate it if you tell me what you did.

Thanks

Ana E. Choto
Systems Programmer
American University
e-Operations - Information Technology
Phone (202) 885-2275
Fax (202) 885-2224

                    "Ben Poels"
                    <poelsb_at_post.q       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    ueensu.ca>           cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     SQLLDR core dumping
                    root_at_fatcity.c
                    om

                    04/18/2002
                    10:23 AM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

Hi

I installed 9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 on Solaris 8. All went well except the Portal component failed. When I tried to re-run the opca (portal configuration assistant) it failed on a segmentation fault in SQLLDR. Oracle support seems to be stumped by this. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks,

Ben Poels
Queen's University

Author: Ben Poels
  INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca