RE: RAC

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:23:26 -0800

I meant iFS of course, not iAS!

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

 -----Original Message-----

Sent:	Thursday, April 18, 2002 10:53 AM
To:	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject:	RE: RAC

I saw this here too, the 9iRAC servers are each about the size of a laptop!

They did a demonstration cluster with OPS with the clustered servers sitting on a table.

I asked a pointed question to one of the presenters re. iAS, whether it uses less memory than it used to when it first came out. It took him a while to answer, finally he just said that it uses less memory server-side, but it still uses a lot.

He didn't mention how much.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: listmail_at_gennick.com

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 09:23:26 CDT