Re: Archiving Data Strategies.

From: Eric D. Pierce <eric_d_pierce_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:08:35 -0800

Council on Library and Information Resources

http://www.clir.org/home.html
-
http://www.clir.org/pubs/issues/issues25.html#plan -

http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/rothenberg/contents.html

Avoiding Technological Quicksand:
Finding a Viable Technical Foundation for Digital Preservation

by Jeff Rothenberg
January 1998

Contents
Preface

Executive Summary

Introduction
The Digital Longevity Problem
Preservation in the Digital Age
The Scope of the Problem
Technical Dimensions of the Problem
The Inadequacy of Most Proposed Approaches Criteria for an Ideal Solution
The Emulation Solution
Research Required for the Emulation Approach Summary
References

---end---

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: eric_d_pierce_at_pacbell.net