RE: Locally managed tablespaces/What a DBA can do ?

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:23:24 -0800

What? I was just able to do it. 8.1.7, W2K

(INV-SYSTEM)>@ts

TS_NAME LMT MB_FREE MB_TOTAL PCT_USED --------------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------

LOAD_DATA_A     LOCAL            740      2000        63
LRG_INDEX_A     LOCAL            390      2500      84.4
LRG_INDEX_B     LOCAL            980      1000         2
LRG_TABLE_A     LOCAL           2440      4000        39
LRG_TABLE_B     LOCAL            360      1000        64
MED_INDEX_A     LOCAL            480      1000        52
MED_TABLE_A     LOCAL            680      1000        32
RBS             DICTIONARY       299      1000      70.1
SMALL_INDEX_A   LOCAL            183       200       8.5
SMALL_TABLE_A   LOCAL            169       200      15.5
SYSTEM          DICTIONARY       110       200        45
TEMP            DICTIONARY       961      1000       3.9
TEMP_DATA_A     LOCAL            900      1000        10
TOOLS           LOCAL             19        20         5
USERS           LOCAL             34        75      54.7

15 rows selected.

(INV-SYSTEM)>alter tablespace load_data_a begin backup;

Tablespace altered.

(INV-SYSTEM)>alter tablespace load_data_a end backup;

Tablespace altered.

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com