RE: Database shutdown

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:38:19 -0800

I am guessing you might have a lot of sort segments that Oracle may be releasing. It does this on shutdown. Check to see what kind of sorts are happening on disk. I am assuming you are using a tablespace of type temporary. Then, if you are having sorts occur on disk ensure that your extent sizes are in tune with what your memory sizes are so that you are not doing something like grabbing two extents for every memory piece that moves down.

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net